I've been listening to this band, Within temptation. Nice band, that. So as you can imagine, once i find something new to like, i'll probably be abit obsessive about it. I've this strange mentality that if you like something, you should go all out. Otherwise, you can't say you like it.
Don't ask. Thankfully, this concept of mine is limited to things like movies, books, anime, music, basically things we can enjoy. Phew.
I didn't end up going to the orchestra thing. I wanted to, but in the end, the idea of just going alone didn't strike me as appealing. I guess i just don't like to do things alone eh? I suppose i spend enough ' alone time ' and all, so it's not unexpected.
Instead, i spent the day at Amal's house. I watched her do laundry, read up hereditary and explained to her what it was all about and proceeded to do chemistry. Amal, on the other hand, watched me for most part. Hah. I study while she watches. That's how it usually ends up.
There's this movie we both want to see. Amal and i, that is. Sophie Scholl, i think. But it's being played at very few places. Too bad eh? As much as i want to go see it, i'm too lazy if it's playing somewhere too far away. Hey, i never said i wasn't lazy, that i am.
God, i seriously have nothing to say. And that's saying something.
Ever read The Zahir, by Paulo Coelho? It's a pretty nice book. Dearest Paulo mentioned something that i particularly liked. Everytime his character sets out to write a book, it's like setting out into the great wide ocean in the boat Word. And on that boat, he sets forth on a journey to an island. An island amongst all the other islands. Along the way, he's faced with many challenges; wind, currents, rain. In fact, all of nature seems to be opposing him. And nature seemed to overcome him, for he looses his sense of direction.
Still, all stories have to come to an end, and his does too. He finally reaches his destination, but the island on which he lands on wasn't the one he inteded to reach in the first place. But it doesn't matter. Because sometimes, in the various journeys we undertake in our life, we too lose our sense of direction and sometimes, the place we reach in the end, even though it wasn't the one originally intended, well, it seems to work out anyway.
So then he publishes his book and sits back while his book hits the shelves. The character in the book, i mean.
I think i'm twisting everything, it doesn't seem to be coming out right. But anyway, i guess i liked how he compared the whole process of writing a book to a journey on a boat. And how reaching the conclusion of the story is like anchoring on an island.
"It's in your eyes, what's on your mind.
I see the truth that you've buried inside.
It's in your eyes, what's on your mind.
There is no mercy, just anger I find."
Sorry, i'm listenning to Within Temptation, and that particular verse is stuck in my head!
Heh, sorry, i'll stop boring you. I'll just go get a life somewhere. Maybe i'll come back later, hee.