Alright, just a quick post before i hit the books. Or pretend to. Haha, Dee dee is breathing down my neck repeatedly asking me to study. Hehe, maybe it wasn't such a good idea having her sleep over after all. Nye, just kidding ^_^
I watched this Death Note trailer earlier. Sugoi! It was so cool!
Rule one
Any human who's name is written in this book will ... die
A bored Death God dropped its notebook
A bored genius found the notebook
Gah!
Went to check to movie timings, but since it's not released yet, there were none. I'll just have to wait for the 19th then.
I realise my posts have been all about what i'm doing, what i've been doing, what i plan on doing. No more thoughts, or stories, or whatever else that's going on in my mind.
Well, i'm kind of avoiding all that as of now. I finally got my feet on the ground, will be hard if i allow myself to be on cloud nine again. Heh.
But anyway, Maryam wrote a poem during Arab Paper the other day. It was quite nice. I especially liked the last sentence of the first verse.
I can't write poetry. I've tried my hand at it more than once. I attempted to write poetry even before i started writing all my stories and such. But i'm not very good at it. So i simply stopped.
Maybe one day, i'll try it again. You know, sometimes, you've just got to give some things time before you can understand it fully.
Teacher Sarinah, i think, once said it's good to re-read a book after some time. It could be a a few months prior to reading it the first time, or even a few years. But when you do get around to doing it, you'll find that there are certain aspects that have changed, in a way.
You'll have grown more, seen more and learn so much more since the first time you read it, and so, your view point might vary, or the way you see it and understand it changes.
It's true, you know. A few years back, my tuition teacher gave me a book, but upon reading it, i couldn't understand it very well. Earlier this year, i stumbled across the book again, and decided to give it a second chance. Much to my surprise, not only did i understand it, but i enjoyed it very much.
And for all my other books, for you see, i've re-read all my books at least twice, it's been the same really. Everytime i flip through it's pages to immerse myself in it's story for the nth time, i find that there's always something new to indulge in.
A word i missed, a particular metaphor i feel drawn to, a sentence whose meaning i suddenly like very much.
Just goes to show, there are lessons to be found in both the new, and the old. Especially the old, i think.
On that note, good night. I'd really better go join Dee, hee.
Btw, prac just now . . . yeah . . . i hope my answers were right. I hope, i pray.
Nye, i think i'm not going to like onions very much for the next few days. Blaah.