I wanted to post this yesterday, but didn't feel like it. So instead, i'm doing it today, because i really want to talk about it:D
We went to JB for the whole of yesterday. We, as in myself, my sister, all the cousins minus Ferhad, my brothers and Baby Jannah, my grandmom, Uncle Idroz and Aunty Anne, Cacai and Mummy and Mamu Man.
First stop my the factory, Dee and I stayed behind to accompany mummy while she gave out the worker's salaries whereas everyone else hopped onto the Trajet and went off to buy Cds. It was quiet at first, but then Dee and I began talking, so, haha, you can imagine, two girls on a yak fest.
Then Uncle Idroz came round and asked us to follow them to Angsana, so we did. The adults actually let us all go off on our own, so Dee, myself, my sis and younger cousin Alisha went in search for clothes, armed with 100RM each and Aunty Anne's handphone. In the end, only Alisha bought this nice jacket. Dee and I bought Afzhal a headband as a joke, coz he's been pestering us girls to get him one. Haha. He was pleased.
We ended up going beserk in an accessories store, spending over 130RM of things in half an hour. Then we got a call from one of the others asking us to meet back at the car. We got lost trying to get out because we forgot we were still on the second floor!
The hightlight of the day has to be dinner, really. Uncle Idroz had made reservations for dinner at the Grand Hyatt hotel, in celebration for Baby Sony's second birthday. We took up two tables by the pool, were the first to get up and pile our plates with food, mostly arabic cuisine or something.
We had a great time. I was mostly in charge of supplying desserts. I mostly hogged the cakes though. Don't look at me like that, they looked really good! How could I help myself? There was this really nice cheesecake I wanted to get a few slices of, but apparantly, the cheesecake really didn't want to be eaten by me. While I was looking helplessly around for Shahid or Dee or someone really, this chinese man offered to help. We split the remaining pieces 50-50.
Negotiations, no?
Baby Sony wanted very much to swim, maybe it wasn't a very good idea picking a table by the pool. So we ended up going there quite frequently. Shahid and I had a water fight by one of the deeper pools, we kept splashing water at each other, and woe betide whoever was caught in between. Both of us returned to our respective tables soaked, much to the chagrin of my grandmother. haha.
Amidst all the fun and excitement, I managed to steal afew moments to sit by the deeper pool alone. It was quieter there, and I enjoyed afew minutes of silence and tranquility. It was mesmerising, the way the water was so still and how a certain portion of it was bathed in the golden light from lamps. I felt like time had stopped, and all that existed was me, and that pool of water, a sea of hope and possibilities.
We made several trips back afterwards, though I was never alone then. But it was okay, I had my moment, and it had passed. Special moments can't be repeated all the time, they're unplanned, brief, but offer what seems to be a lifetime of bliss in a few mere moments.
We had a great time. Sony got a big Barney cake with the said purple dinosaur and his two equally annoying dinosaur friends in white chocolate. Shahid and I fought for the piece with the Barney chocolate ( the adults began questioning our age and maturity, bleah ), but it went to the birthday girl instead. We got the other two dinos, so it was okay. I got that green girl dinosaur, shared it with Mumtaz, Alisha and Wafa though.
We took pictures, mostly on the small brigde over the pool and by the pool, the pose carefully chosen so we'd be illuminated by the pool lights. All in all, it was a fantastic evening. Will engrave the night in my memory, so i'll never forget it.