It rained again today. For most of the day actually. Tiny droplets of water piercing through the air like minute spears of liquid.
I love the rain. And i love rainy days. Even amidst the cacophony of thunder and the suddenly flashes of lighting, it never fails to arouse a sense of comfort and tranquility.
Which is why it's a good thing i'm a december baby! My birthday falls in the month of the monsoon. Very nice timing, don't you think?
Here's something interesting i came across while reading my enormous pile of borrowed library books:
For beauty is nothingbut the beginning of terror, which we still are just able to endureand we are so awed because it serenely disdainsto annihilate us. Every angel is terrifying-Rilke, German poetIt agrees very much with my view of beauty. One of them anyway, i've always linked the idea of beauty with being something terrible. I don't know why though. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem possible for there to exist something so moving as beauty, without it being tainted by the cruelty of the world as we know it.
You know, i can't wait to get these bandages off me, so i can resume doing my daily activities with ease. I might feel odd without the presence of the bandages, but that will no doubt be only a very brief feeling. Most of all, i can't wait to have a normal shower, without the limitations of using only one hand to cleanse myself. That, i think, is the hardest task i have yet to attempt.
But all complaints aside, it's not been as troublesome as i'd imagine it to be. So, haha, yay!
hehe
Maryam mentioned a play in which our beloved Aiba acted in on her blog. She also posted a link to a LJ with a summary of the play. And . . . wow. . . It's real deep stuff. Really deep. The intensity of the play is unbelievable. And that's only from reading the storyline. I imagine actually seeing it would be beyond brilliant.
Reading it actually made me feel like writing a play of my own. haha. Memories of our two previous drama competitions come to mind. I actually very much prefer The Devil and Miss Prym to our rendition of PoTO.
The former has a much more mature storyline. I didn't expect it to win, though. I never for once thought it would be well received, since majority of the school's population are more inclined to favour something more light-hearted and simple, as opposed to something you'd actually have to think about.
And i was right.
Still, it was great fun. Writing the script, getting people to act, having rehearsals, my being the narrator. The ' controversy' over my costume being too 'christian'. Until today, that point of view befuddles me. I cannot understand how they were able to come up with something like that. And it took me hours to make it too!
And all it consisted of was a black skirt, and those grey wings with our school U. Sigh. Some people.
hehe. Speaking of narrators and plays, im actually going to be one of the emcees for the upcoming family day even next year. Every year the entire extended family( great aunts, second cousins you don't know ) on my mom's side gathers together for what we call ' family day'
which is usually marked by a bunch of games and activities.
This year, however, it's become a two-day event. The first day being the day where we'll have all sorts of performances, hence, my role as emcee. There'll be someone else from the west side of the family, a guy, most probably, who'll act as the second emcee.
I don't quite know what to think of it all, except, come what may, i'll not be afraid, i'll face it head on, and try my very best to have fun no matter what happens.^_^
I think that's a very good approach, don't you? hehe
so anyways, i'm off in search of food. i know, i can be such a pig, but i can't help it! I'm hungry!
haha.
Oh yea. Today's discovery : Maryam is actually very corny! Boo sama dia!
hahahahahahahahahaha
=D
nitez