Through my complete and utter lack of observation skill, and the absence of common sense in my head, i have neglected to notice and realise one very important thing, when it comes to fictionpress and fanfiction.net
And that is, the number of people who have read your stories are not based on the number of reviews you get. Reviews are left by those who are either truly left in awe after completing their reading, feel that they need to leave some sort of say or critique because they're either nice and polite, they truly care or they simply want to exaggerate their importance, they hate what they read and feel the need to flame, or they want to encourage the writer to write some more, because we all know the power reviews hold over the writers.
Long story cut short . . . Begum no Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka! I am such an idiot! All this while, i have been under the impression the number of review equals number of readers, when i should have been looking at the number of HITS my story gets to determine that. Stupid me!
And i should have been on the lookout for the stats, no review! Begum no Baka. sigh. So you can imagine my surprise when i get the actual figures. . .
woohoo. . .
woohoo. . .
haha. wow. Especially the two drabble/fanfics i wrote for fma.
woohoo. . .
Edward's Eyes no. of hits: 123
A Military Dog no. of hits: 187
woohoo. . .
and i thought i only had 5 readers for the first, and a mere one for the second.
woohoo. . .
Obviously, the figures are greatly reduced when we look at the stories i posted on fictionpress.
The highest was 21 hits for Marionette. But there was a certain trend that i was aware of, and that greatly encourages me.
That, with every consecutive story, the number of hits are higher. That says something now, doesn't it?
Huhu
Woohoo
Okay, okay. You know what, i'm actually excited. Very, very excited. It's like, wow, you know. Wow. haha. That shows i'm improving, i'm getting better. Better. Motto motto. Bit by bit.
Omigosh, i feel so inspired to write some more now. More fanfics. More short stories. More.
^_^
haha. I'm drunk on my excitement. My mind's addled with all this new info. Obviously, it doesn't take much to make me happy. haha
seriously, wow.
You know, if i am going to be concious enough tomorrow, i'll come up with something new. I'll be serious from now on. I've been totally neglecting my writing, insisting over and over i am going through a dry spell, but what the heck. I have readers who actually read my stuff! I'm eve on the alert list of some people.
I'm dead drunk right now. Hehe. On my happiness. On all that is good in the world. Goodnight.
I can sooooooo not wait to tell nailul, who is like, my favourite reader in the wholllleeeee wide world!
Oyasumi, minna-san!!!!!