Contrary to what the majority of my friends say, i thought Harry Potter wasn't half bad. Pretty good actually, if a bit inconsistent and abrupt here and there, but on the whole, i liked it.
I'd give a full review, but I'm too tired for that now. In any case, can't wait for the final installation. For the books, i mean. Just imagine, i am a mere few hours away from the revelation of the ending of the series.
It's quite exciting really. I remember, for the half-blood prince, weeks before it was sold, i was speculating non-stop about who the half-blood prince was, what would happen and so on. A fanatic, you could say? Hmn, maybe. But, i just like it. It's nice to just wonder and guess.
Having said all that, after i get over the whole excitement phase I'm going through right now, because of the new book and all, I'll probably go back to adopting my previous ( and still standing, only, slightly suppressed right now ) opinion about the books. Which is, the most ingenious thing about them, is the very idea itself. The overall synopsis of the books, and certain details about the fictional world J.K Rowling invented, is the most brilliant part of it all. Otherwise, i think, it lacks a lot of things.
Harry isn't half as strong as he should be, the characters and the whole wizarding community seem to be rather backwards and bigoted. While humans are complex beings and all that, her characters seem to deviate towards either end of the coin, only good or bad, hardly anything in between. Shades of grey anyone?
Anyway, that aside. What would the world be like without ever having known Harry Potter? haha, I'm being a bit contradictory aren't i?
To like, or not to like, that is the question.
Oh well, go figure. I know it makes sense to me.